Purchasing any form of headstone could be a crucial decision; especially due to the type of purchase and also the lack of experience on your side. Well, headstones are also available on the online stores and retail outlets. Depending on the chosen design and the materials used for its manufacturing, the prices of these products also vary. However, before buying just anything for the occasion, you need to know what exactly the chosen cemetery will allow. No one would like to get stuck with any headstone related items, which the cemetery will not allow. Therefore, make sure to follow the correct procedures first, before making the final purchase.
Following the Norms of Cemetery
Cemeteries make it a point to regulate the headstones, after following the set standard norms and regulations. It is within this particular norms structure that the cemetery is likely to stipulate the gravestone particularities.
- You need to focus towards the types of headstones allowed. Some of them are the grave marker, upright headstone, cremation maker and more.
- The size associated with the product matters a lot. There is a stringent rule associated with the minimum and maximum size.
The Additional Norms
Apart from the points mentioned above, there are certain other mandatory points that should be noted while planning to buy headstones, for your loved ones. First you need follow the important points before making the final decision.
- Apart from the type and size, the color of these headstones also has the rule of its own. In many cases, cemeteries follow the granite color option or the one with the bronze marker coloring structure.
- On the other hand, the vase is another important aspect that you need to note. All cemeteries will not allow vase for your use. Even if they do, they will have a specific material for it.
Taking Help of Document
Other than the points mentioned above, you need to deal with the additional documentary services, which can help in allowing a headstones, inside the cemetery.
- This is another mandatory point that you need to remember, and this is because without this people will not be allowed to bury their loved ones in that particular place.
- You need to get hold of the authorization form, where the placement of the headstone is mentioned well.
- After the cemetery allows you to place the document, and those are approved by the authorization, you can proceed with the final stage.
Types of Headstones Available
Now, you need to be aware about the various types of headstones, which are available nowadays. There are mainly four groups for you to follow.
- Upright headstones: This deals with the upright monument tablet
- Slant markers: These are mostly designed like wedge with pointed upward structure
- Flat grave: These are made using either granite or marble, and form the economic choice of all-time
- Flat bronze grave: This podium comprises of the bronze plaque, and this is mounted on the available granite base.
Checking Out the Prices
Now, before you plan to focus on the prices of headstones, you need to follow the correct points to make the right decision. For the first option, ensure to check the size of the chosen products, along with the available components. The color of the granite will also create a difference in the price value. The finish of the product along with the exact lettering and design, are some of the major points that you need to keep in mind. Make sure to get an exact detail of your headstones by its needs and set a budget accordingly.