No one likes doing housework. That is why kids put off cleaning their rooms and adults put off cleaning the attic or the garage. However, sometimes it is simply a matter of not having enough time to do housework. This is when one might consider hiring a house cleaner or house cleaning services. But before you put that ad in the local paper, here are some tips to help you make a good hiring decision. This list of helpful hints comes courtesy of Urban Outsource, who you may consider for house cleaning if you live in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
1. Before you even begin the search for qualified applicants it is most important to get a list of your expectations. Do you want someone to clean 2, 5 or 7 days a week? Do you require only a female cleaner or are you ok with a male house cleaner? Do you want someone who is willing do clean windows?
2. House cleaning services can be an excellent way to acquire cleaning help because if anything is broken by the house cleaner, the service is responsible. However, to be on the safe side, make sure that the service is licensed an insured for both property damage and in case a worker is hurt on your property.
3. Set a solid understanding of what you want done during each cleaning session. How meticulous do you wish the cleaning job to be. Are lamp shades, between the cushions, what about cleaning out the refrigerator?
4. Is the price right? Make sure that you determine, in writing, the exact amount you are willing to pay. If you are hiring a cleaning company, make sure there are no hidden fees. If there is a contract read the fine print. If there is anything you disagree with review the issue with the company or individual before hiring.
5. Get a very clear idea of who will supply the cleaning products. Some house cleaners will gladly supply their own products and include this in the cleaning charge. Other house cleaners will expect you to supply all equipment and cleaning products. If you desire your home be cleaned with environmentally sustainable products it may be wise to supply these. Make sure all products are accounted for when the company/person finishes the job.
6. Do not clean your home before the house cleaners have a chance to. Keep in mind that he/she have seen worse messes than you are paying them to clean up. Let them do what you’re paying them for. However, it is important to get a lot of clutter out of the way. Some cleaning companies or individual cleaners will not bother to take up clutter. After all, the more clutter, the longer the job and the more you will have to pay.
7. Keep everything you consider private out of the way. Driver’s licenses, confidential papers, bills, etc. It really doesn’t matter put it away. Curiosity is a part of human nature, so why invite temptation. But more important, this is just another way to prevent the chances identity theft.
8. Don’t expect that a house cleaning service, or individual cleaners will get the job done at lightning quick speed. After all, if it takes you two or three hours to clean your home according to your specifications, do not expect the job to be done in one-quarter of the time.
Remember, hiring a someone to clean your house is a very important decision. Always go with someone you trust, someone who is professional.